Copyright © incy wincy spider | BLOG
Design by Dzignine
Monday, September 30, 2013

Sawadee-kap! To The Land Of Shopping & Massages

I decided it was now or never, I had to go on a short break to indulge in good food, relaxing massages, and non-rushed shopping.

Though at 25 weeks pregnant, there isn't a lot of clothes I can fit in, especially in Bangkok where you find the tiniest free size apparel, having all the time to myself (too little time in fact) and browsing leisurely is pure joy. I contemplated buying a few pieces which I can't fit now, to motivate myself to get back in shape, but I guess I better slim down and make a trip back!

We stayed at Glow Pratunam and its location is great if you are planning to visit the wholesale market at Pratunam (opens from 6am) and the wholesale centre, Platinum Mall. Rooms are spacious especially their bathrooms, but doesn't come with a bathtub for the room we booked. Beds are very comfy, or we were too tired after an entire day of walking - you literally sink right into the sheets. Will recommend this to serious shoppers.
Glow, a relatively new hotel opposite Platinum Mall
Our spacious room for the next 2 nights
View from the room
All I could think of in the weeks leading to the trip, were all the food we can stomach! With the slightly rainy season, some of our plans were shelved as it would be tough eating at the roadside seafood stalls in the rain. We ate most of our meals at our favourite Platinum Mall food court. Breakfast, lunch, tea breaks - I had to have my mango sticky rice every day.

Looking at this pic makes me crave for the sweet yummy mango.
This was tea break - 5 course including mango sticky rice!
What a spread for three.
Massages are absolutely necessary after walking from 7am. It was pure bliss for me, having water retention and sore feet at the end of each day.

Foot massage at Blue Spa
Sneaked in some comfort food in between shopping
Kids apparel in Bangkok is limited and I got this for Aiden.


With the arrival of number 2, I wonder when I can go away like this again. Besides missing the family, I feel very bad to have to leave 2 young kids with my parents. See you soon Bangkok, I will have to shape up before I return. Let this be a motivation.



1 comments:

  1. Here has some delicious food. Massage therapy is very effective for a man. Which wants to take massage therapy from Australia that site is perfect for you.
    Australian Massage Shop

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...