Copyright © incy wincy spider | BLOG
Design by Dzignine
Thursday, February 21, 2013

PSLE Maths question?

Saw this on Facebook and the closet math geek in me was bursting out from within to attempt to solve it as I sat on my toilet trying to take a dump. Er hmm...


Anyway, after 10 minutes of pushing (my brain to the limit), it was out. My answer that is. 1/9/1970. Let me know if I'm wrong. The thing is, how is that a math question? The only way I knew how to solve it was through logic and plenty of talking out loud to myself. The E-Maths, A-Maths, JC Math and Bachelor of Accountancy didn't help one bit.

If this was really a PSLE question (never mind the bad English/grammar), I worry for poor Aiden.  What happened to the good old "Ah Seng has 10 apples more than Ah Lian who has twice as many apples as Ah Huay who has 5 apples" type of question?

I think this is either proof of the evolution of human intelligence or a very good marketing campaign for PSLE tuition centers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...