Copyright © incy wincy spider | BLOG
Design by Dzignine
Thursday, July 10, 2014

Conversations about life matters, and the little things in life that matter

<While we were brushing teeth together in the morning>

“Daddy, you wear work clothes because you go work today, right?”

“Yes. Today is a work day.”

“You work then will have money, right?”

“That’s right.”

“Why you never wear work clothes yesterday?”

“That’s because I took leave to help Mummy with her business.”

“Okay. Because you love Mummy right?”

“Yes, of course. I love you too, Aiden.”

“I love you too, Daddy.”

It’s amazing how many subtle things a 3 year old can pick up without you emphasising / repeating it.

Amidst the uncertainty, stress and challenge of setting up our retail business and planning the next step in my career, that short conversation with Aiden was exactly what I needed to focus again on the things that matter to our family.

Aiden is a genius psychologist but he doesn’t know it.

The next day, I slipped a $50 note into his money pot, and read him one more Peppa Pig book. I considered it fair payment.

1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...