Copyright © incy wincy spider | BLOG
Design by Dzignine
Thursday, December 5, 2013

Baking With My Boy

Baking with a two year old does have its challenges and yet I really look forward to baking with Aiden as it provides him with opportunities to display his creativity, allow him to get hands on with the ingredients & mixer, and learn about ingredients & measurements.

Although it will take a longer time and create a bigger mess in the kitchen, nothing beats seeing his wide smiles when he gets involved in the process and finally tasting his own creations.

We have tried our hands at a few different cookie recipes and also a Betty Crocker's Muffin Mix. 

Here's Aiden having fun at baking the muffins. Totally fuss free and just takes minutes and a 2 year old to do it. We do not recommend this, as the taste of the blueberry mix is pretty artificial and it doesn't taste good. I am going to get my hands on the RedMan Golden Muffin Mix which are much yummier and bake away with Aiden after my confinement.

Just add water, stir and spoon them into your muffin cases.
Pop them into the oven and tadah!
We would also like to share this simple cookie recipe that we both enjoy (baking & eating).
First we lay out all the ingredients we need.
I will read aloud the ingredients we need, and lay them out on the kitchen top. At our 3rd baking session, Aiden can shout out a few ingredients before me. He also enjoys watching me measure out the flour and sugar, learning to read the scale.

 What You Need:

220g plain flour
50g corn flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
150g butter
100g sugar
30g brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Chocolate chips or any other dried fruits/ chocolate rice you have at home (as much as you like)

Mixing the ingredients together
I let Aiden control the mixer, which he very much enjoys as he seldom gets his hands on the electrical appliances at home.
Into the mixer
What To Do:

  1. Sieve the plain flour, corn flour and baking soda together and set this aside
  2. Cream the butter with sugar and brown sugar until creamy
  3. Add in the egg and mix well
  4. Add in the salt and vanilla essence and mix well
  5. Fold in the sieved flour in a few portions until it forms a dough
  6. Mix in the chocolate chips and shape the dough onto a baking tray
  7. Bake them in your preheated oven at 170 degree celsius for 20 minutes (adjust accordingly, bake till golden brown)
    Creating the shapes he desires

    Adding in the chocolate rice. This boy would pause and ask me
    if  it's enough and I will tell him as much as you like :)
    Love watching these small hands at work
    Our little baker at work, creating heart shapes & stars
    We are done! Yummy cookies.



2 comments:

  1. Your boy is so cute! I used to bake with my kids when they are young and I still remember them making a huge mess in the kitchen and I ended up cleaning everything including my carpet. It is actually memorable and don't ever stop creating more memories with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got some sort of lagniappe at a dissertation sums that will to learn the actual depend on the bureau mannequin end up being accomplished his or her composed opportunities from the more than. I have searched on to the actual released uniques inside your website additionally My partner and i has been sure that your honorarium is usually one thing. My partner and i belived an individual concur some sort of tem associated with dramatists that got his or her process really. Top vitamins for hair loss

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...